Volunteer to help
It would not be possible to run the Rotary Dorset Bike Ride without the help of our lovely volunteers. They play a valuable part in the smooth running of the event. The Rotary Dorset Bike Ride is organised by a small team of volunteers who fundraise, plan and make the event happen each year, in addition numerous volunteers on the day. With this in mind we’re looking for volunteers to help with this event.
Our volunteers help at the start and finish of the ride, checking riders in and out. They also help with marshalling to ensure riders do not get lost and are there if riders experience problems.
We can promise a rewarding time spending a few hours supporting a good cause in the Dorset countryside. Remember the more help we have the more we can spread the load for everyone!
The Benefits of Volunteering:
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
If you can help us by offering your volunteer help at the Rotary Dorset Bike Ride - please complete the form below or contact the organisers at email@example.com with details of your availability over weekend of 7th & 8th October 2023 and we'll be in touch with more details! Lots of volunteer help is needed on the day of the event and also the day before - so let us know when you would be available to help.
Volunteer roles include putting out all the route signs, and collecting them back in after the event finishes, with volunteer marshalls needed throughout the day of the event itself (Sunday 8th October) and duties will be either on site at Longthorns Campsite, or in an allocated marshalling point along the routes.
If you can help at this event, just contact the organisers with details of your availability - please note volunteers do require their own transport, or someone who can help them get to their positions at the start and end of the day.
Look forward to hearing from you.......